Featured Post

Hello (Again) World

I am back to blog once more. Yes really, I read an interesting piece today, the subject of which falls in the the road to hell is paved with...

Thursday

Travel

I have always liked to travel. My dad was a construction supervisor and we traveled. Around the South mostly, but once we went out west and that was a real adventure. Monte Vista Colorado was where I spent the majority of my sophomore year of high school. Saw abandoned gold mines, old logging towns, narrow mountain passes and of all things sand dunes. Of course I met lots of interesting people too. Native Coloradans, transplanted Texans, Californians and even a Mainite or Mainer (she was from Maine). One older guy from church build his own crane. He had about 4 different transmissions geared together. He claimed 'I can gear it about any way I like'. Potato farmers, ranchers and inventors. People are different there yet also the same.
Monte Vista is a high altitude town, over 7000 feet, thus the air there is a lot thinner than anywhere in Alabama. Gym class was torture, what with all the running in thin air. I went back a year or so later and went skiing with my buddy Bret. I got a semi concussion trying to impress some girls on the ski slopes.
I have two cousins who are working abroad right now (I've never been outside the US) , Lance is in China and Chuck is in Germany. They drop me a line from time to time so in a way I get to travel with them through their words . But the fun, the adventure is all theirs.

No comments: